International Student Admissions
Each year, SJK is pleased to welcome a small number of academically oriented international students with intermediate English skills.
Our total registration of International Students is limited therefore, early application is recommended.
After January 31, remaining vacancies are filled on a rolling admissions basis. The possibility of admission is greater if the application is started by November for the following September entry. This also allows for sufficient time to obtain a Canadian study permit and Canadian Visa. Admission decisions are based on merit and compatibility.
Once we have received your completed application, you will be contacted by our Admissions Department. We strive to offer conditional acceptances in a timely manner.
International Student Application Process
International students must also apply early enough to allow time to apply for their Study Permit to come to Canada (a process which can take anywhere up to five months or more). For more information, please see the International Student Application form.
How to Apply
International Student Application Instructions
- Complete the online application.
- To complete the application, please create an account.
- Fill out all required fields, sign and submit your form.
- Please pay the $100 application fee.
- This fee is payable by credit card upon submission of your online application form.
- Submit the following required documents:
- Please submit by email to Britt Leeking (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director of Enrolment.
- A copy of the student’s passport
- A copy of the student’s most recent report card(s), including the final report for their previous academic year and any report cards for the current academic year.
- Note: You can scan or take a photo of the documents and send the attachment by email.
- Submit a writing sample, as per the following instructions.
- Please submit a writing sample, approximately 500 - 700 words in length:
- Describe your educational history and goals.
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What do you enjoy?
- What do you hope to achieve at SJK and upon graduation?
- Note: You may use a dictionary but please write the essay yourself, without help.
- You will receive an access code to take an online English assessment test at vitalenglish.com
- Please be sure to complete the test yourself, without help!
- This test will help us to understand the level of ESL support that you will require.
- This will allow us to ensure that you are placed in the appropriate classes.
- Note: You will receive your code only after the documents in step 2 have been submitted.
- Schedule a 30-minute interview with Britt Leeking, Director of Enrolment, via Skype or Facetime.
- Ms. Leeking looks forward to meeting you!
- This will be your opportunity to ask any questions you have about SJK.
Please begin the application process by completing the form below. If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Britt Leeking, Director of Enrolment, at email@example.com