#GivingTuesday. - November 29, 2016
Welcome to the launch of the giving season!
In celebration of this eventful day we invite you to:
- Make SJK your charity of choice and make a gift to this year's Annual Fund!
- Share with us on social media why you give to SJK
- Take a pic of what philanthropy means to you and post it: #Unselfie and #SJKgivingTuesday!
Our SJK Annual Fund is our single most important fundraising effort of the year. Our goal is to:
- Increase participation this year by 25% from alumni and friends.
- Maintain high participation from our Board of Governors and our faculty and staff.
- Raise $50,000 for school operations.
Like other independent schools in Canada, tuition pays approximately 80% of the school's operating budget, and the School relies on the generous gifts of parents, alumni and staff, faculty and friends to assist with meeting the needs of the organization. These gifts help us to extend our educational excellence that tuition alone cannot provide.
Your tax-deductible gift to the SJK Annual Fund makes an immediate impact on the day-to-day experience of our students.
The success of GivingTuesday depends on the collective efforts of our community and you are the most important part of making this movement a reality.
Chair, SJK Foundation