At SJK, we offer a world of learning on a beautiful 36-acre campus where we embrace innovation, diversity and internationalism.
Our expectations are high; students are encouraged to find balance through academics, sports, arts, service and leadership. We have dedicated and inspirational educators, attentive to the needs of individual students and their families. Our graduates take their passions to the world as leaders and global citizens.
Applicants must be passionate teachers with a degree or advanced degree in a related field, teaching certification and experience (with eligibility for the Ontario College of Teachers). A willingness to participate in the full life of the School and its extensive co-curricular program is essential.
International Baccalaureate (IB) experience, training and international-mindedness are considered significant assets. SJK offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including participation in the Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan. Eligibility to work in Canada is required.
Lower School Classroom Teacher – PYP (International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme) Primary/Junior Division
The School is seeking a highly motivated and committed educator to join our Lower School Faculty; the successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and innovative teacher who appreciates working in a collaborative environment, dedicated to the highest standards of teaching and learning. Experience and training in the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme is considered an asset. Candidates should also have experience using technology in the classroom and be willing to coach and sponsor co-curricular activities.
Applications should include a covering letter, complete CV, and the names of three referees, addressed to Dr. Jeff Aitken, Head of School, and send to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, June 29, 2018. Eligibility to work in Canada is a requirement. Due to the volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Associate Director, Alumni Relations
St. John’s-Kilmarnock School is seeking an Associate Director to significantly grow our alumni relations program within SJK’s strategic vision. The individual will be responsible for enthusiastically establishing and executing our strategies and plans in order to enhance our alumni activities. The position will serve as part of the extended SJK external relations team. Other duties will include:
- Develop and maintain local, national and international SJK Alumni in groups, through online and offline communication as well as a calendar of social events;
- Organizing special events, including Alumni gatherings, Fall Fair, etc.;
- Responsible for researching and updating Alumni contact information - maintaining and growing our Alumni database as SJK approaches its 50th anniversary;
- Supporting the Annual Giving Program.
This full-time position will require flexible hours of work including occasional evenings and weekends as required. Occasional travel will also be required. Appropriate experience/skills required; being an SJK Alumni and/or knowledge of independent school culture will be considered an advantage. Applications should include a covering letter, complete CV, and the names of three references, addressed to Dr. Jeff Aitken, Head of School and forwarded to email@example.com with "Associate Director, Alumni Relations" in the subject heading. The search will remain active until the position is filled. Due to the volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
St. John’s-Kilmarnock School has an opening for an Accountant to support the Business Office team and will have responsibility for supporting a range of accounting functions and providing some administrative support as required. You would be reporting directly to the CFO. Specific Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Processing of supplier invoices for payment including ensuring the accurate and timely recording and payment of suppliers’ invoices;
- Issuing of cheques in both Canadian and US dollars;
- Review and reconciliation of supplier statements;
- Reconciliation of general ledger account to the sub ledger;
- Communications with suppliers and staff to resolve any discrepancies;
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations on the school bank accounts;
- Monthly payroll processing and benefit functions;
- Processing and payment of payroll related deductions;
- Initial preparation of monthly financial reports and analysis;
- Tax receipting, preparation of tax forms;
- Other duties as required to support the Business Office team.
Skills, Technical Competencies Required: Knowledge of accounting and legislative issues for nonprofit organizations, familiar with payroll reporting and remitting, experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge and Raiser’s Edge, excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
If you are interested in this position submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Accountant' in the subject line. This posting will remain active until the position is filled.
Associate Teacher, Lower School
St. John’s-Kilmarnock School's Teaching Innovation Program (TIP) promotes opportunities for teachers to explore a wide range of innovative teaching practices. It allows SJK to identify, attract and develop outstanding educators early in their careers, and to provide valuable teaching experience in a school that is committed to innovation in teaching and learning.
One (1) position is available in the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (PYP). The PYP Associate Teacher position could be filled by an outstanding recent Faculty of Education graduate. This opportunity provides a stepping-stone into the world of teaching.
As a member of our Associate Faculty, you will:
- Be given a teacher mentor;
- Collaborate with faculty at team meetings;
- Have in-school and local professional development opportunities;
- Take part in innovative team teaching experiences;
- Support students one-on-one and in small groups;
- Provide coverage for teachers in the Lower School (JK - Grade 6);
- Take on some recess duties;
- Lead or assist with co-curricular activities.
This ten (10) month contract position (August 21, 2018 – June 19, 2019) requires you to become fully involved in campus life on a daily basis. In addition to a monthly stipend, the Associate Teacher will participate in a benefits program that includes lunch, use of a school laptop and shared contributions for group health coverage as well as participation in the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan. Applicants must be in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers and be eligible to work in Canada.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply no later than June 22, 2018. Applications should include a letter of interest addressed to Dr. Jeff Aitken, Head of School, not to exceed one page; a current curriculum vitae and the names of three references to email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.