SJK is seeking a highly motivated and committed live-in Boarding Assistant to complement our existing team of boarding staff. Are you looking for a unique opportunity? Might you be looking for a way to develop your teaching skills and gain valuable hands-on experience working with high school students? Do you enjoy forming strong relationships and creating a positive culture? Does a live-in position at our Boarding Residence in Waterloo appeal to you?
This is a six-month, live-in position including full board that begins in January 2022 and will end in June 2022. Your accommodation will be a one-bedroom suite with a private bathroom. Meals will be eaten in the dining hall with food provided by Dana Food Services. The position requires you to become involved in the life of the boarding residence. As a member of the boarding team, you will be added to the duty roster and you will supervise the after-school, evening and occasional weekend activities of the boarding students on a rotation basis. Our Boarding Assistants offer comfort and support to students aged 14 - 18 years as they navigate their school work and life in their home-away-from-home.
Successful candidates should be energetic, enthusiastic, and have a genuine interest in working with teenagers, creating and delivering a fulfilling and dynamic boarding program. As a role model, healthy lifestyles and personal integrity are of paramount importance. Start Date:
January 2, 2022 - June 25, 2022 Contract:
6 month contractSalary:
$2,000 per month (24 hours per week active duty)
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience working in a camp or residential setting supervising children or youth
- Experience working as a University Don or Camp Counsellor
- Possibly a 3rd or 4th-year student or a graduate student
- The ability to speak Mandarin is an asset
- A First Aid certificate is an asset
- A positive, enthusiastic, and encouraging approach to all aspects of boarding life
- Be collaborative and solution-focused
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrate a proven ability to build a caring rapport with students
- Possess an ability to ensure students are safe and follow boarding rules
- Be a dynamic, dedicated team player with a strong work ethic
- Show a willingness to learn, and commitment to personal growth and development
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to forward by email a letter of application and a résumé to Cheryl Boughton, Head of School by Monday, December 13, 2021, to: email@example.com
SJK is an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate all applications, we can only contact those individuals selected for interviews. As a condition of employment, a vulnerable sector screening will be required.